**** DONE: GB-41 1/72 Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks andy.

continue with the work that has been arduous, do not publish anything to be bundled with the plane, making the wings, I remember your friend Luis Carlos so you can see how I make the lights, then the joints of the wings to the fuselage it has been complicated to place them and they will be fine since they do not have fixation. They have to be adjusted so that they remain with the dihedral and not much separation in the union. After this I had to place a few fixings to the ailerons I do not want to be as with the wings and it is very simple, a holes of 0'8mm and round bar abs, the antennas, the mast has been fixed with a copper wire 0'2mm and cyano, inside has been simulated as the input of the antenna, and the VHS antenna, has been left a piece of the injected has been retouched so that it is the size of the hole that has been made 0'8mm and it's stuck, that's how everything is.....
I'm going to explain a little the process of making headlights:
I measure the hole where the lighthouse will go, with the vernier caliper
14.jpeg

I check that the bit goes well, since it can not enter forced
15.jpeg

with a punch of two numbers above, in this case the bit is 2mm the punch is 3/15 ", I take a piece of aluminum foil.
16.jpeg

I check that it is correct and that it covers enough.
17.jpeg

I place the cyano around so I can better shape the headlight refractor
18.jpeg

So it looks before giving it the form
19.jpeg

as the bits have the back is conical has a shape that gives us the almost exact shape so I give a little pressure to stretch just the aluminum and that round shape of the back
20.jpeg

As you can see behind the photos there is a broken airbrush needle, because with it in the center I make a deformation that simulates the luminary or lamp
21.jpeg
22.jpeg

and the rest of the photos without more:
23.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg

thanks fellas.
the joints and their finish are making me a bit bitter, they are very expensive to solve, I also want to go faster than I can and I get impatient, the term is over to finish it and I would like to finish in the deadline once.
said this, so is the capony masks with liquid rubber to test how it goes and how I have left since I recommended it to a friend

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

empty the parts that make side air intakes of the motors since they came in a solid piece
34.jpg

35.jpg
36.jpg

missing the photos of yesterday's work but the engines were very cool even as they fit also had to put a thousand clips and tapes so they do not lose their position, later I put them.
the plane is almost ready to start painting ...

Looking good Sergio, nice progress.
Andy has posted regarding anyone needing an extension to the GB - let us know if you need this.

we go with the following.
solved the disastrous lace of the plane, I take out the antennas that later mount, I always lose or break some when handling them, that I will paint at the same time as the plane but separately, I started to paint the white of the nose and the target of the intrados, they are not the same white so I have to be careful, the white nose Vallejo is delicate jumps if it is not well cured and dried, I jumped 3 times to mask it, luck that is easy with isopropilic alcohol, once I had it finished drying (I put it in an oven to cure paints that I have to enduce the paintings of RC cars that I paint to order), I put on the white badge, this gunze dry and heals well but better in the oven 30º 25 minutes and it looks like a stone, I mask it for the intermediate blue that I have it in the mixer to homogenize it after 20 years without using it.

37.jpg

38.jpg

tomorrow another delivery of the advances of this morning and if perhaps gave time of this afternoon also ... greetings to all and many thanks for your comments and constructive criticism help me a lot

:thumbright: I've heard of using heat to speed up drying and curing times. Someone used a food dehydrator. My luck is that I would forget about it and end up with a puddle of goo

the plane is advancing, it is already painted, photos are just for the time.
Intermiate blue, and the glossy dark blue posts.
39.JPG

already varnished to put the decals tomorrow
40.JPG

41.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back