**** DONE: GB-43 1:48 P-51D - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you, sirs. As promised....hours ago, the innards.

002.JPG

Seat isn't attached yet

009.JPG

As did Andy, I deviated from the instructions and attached the sidewalls to the fuselage instead of the floor. I used tube glue and once it started to set I dry-fit the floor to make sure it all lined up properly

010.JPG

011.JPG

I still have to paint the intake and the tail wheel interior before closing this up

Thanks all. Done for another week. Packing day, camp bus in 2hrs. I was going over the photos in the above post and two things struck me, I missed two areas of paint. The top arrow shows an area where I'm currently struggling with an airbrush; turbulence preventing paint from going into tight areas. The second arrow is just me not paying attention. These are now corrected.

1567622911707.png

Last edited:
One of the final steps before closing up the fuselage is to install part B3 onto slots in the radiator opening; 4mm of potential ping. I did this using my girlie pencil and went smoother than expected. I wasn't going to tempt fate trying to clean up the attachment point so its facing to the rear. A few more parts/paint and I can close it up.

1568259710051.png

006.JPG

Apparently the power was almost province wide. My son said an explosion occurred at or near a mill in PG and No. #1 daughter said it was a transformer so probably a combination of both. Almost an hour of data abused.........

Back at it Andy. If you ignore the panic on Facebook, power was out from Quesnel north and west to at least Houston. As you said, Hydro is guessing lightning. I was down for an hour, thankfully it never interrupted cell service Spent some time fiddling around with part A2, shown in the post above. It wasn't until I looked at your build that it made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back