**** DONE: GB-43 1:48 P-51D - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A bit of bondage. This is just until the glue sets up. The fuselage halves have since been temporarily been joined together to make sure the innards line up

1568323453651.png

Hasegawa error....it's the only way the part fits; "A4" has tabs at top and bottom and a slot for the exhaust roof, part "A1"

1568410512540.png

More bondage. The orange clamp is more to protect the tail wheel strut than applying pressure. I had the tail section glued together before I remembered that the exhaust have to be glued from the inside. To compound the problem, the exhausts mount onto two small rails with a tiny slot on the side. I really hate adding the exhausts this way when many other kits allow you to add them after the painting is complete.

001.JPG

Should be a relatively easy fix Wayne. Remove the center screen and baffles, add new screen and plastic strip the right way. Nothing much to report; doing seam and panel line re-work. As noted in a few other builds, the chin intake part is slightly under-size. Its just a matter of fitting one side flush and adding filler to the other. The step was probably less than half a mil but I think would be quite noticeable. A dry fit of the wings/fuselage looks pretty good though there might be a need for a wee bit of filler at the front of the wing roots on the bottom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back