**** DONE: GB-43 1:48 P-51D - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lookin good Geo

I bought this compressor off of Amazon when Mine quite in the middle of a spray job the crank broke off the end of the motor shaft
IMG_1929.jpg

The neat thing is I ordered it that morning and it was at the Post office the next morning, apparently Weber Displays is in Calgary. The thing has a fan in it, which is why the power switch is on the back, but it still get hot if you are working it steady, so I picked up a USB fan which works well.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking good Geo and I can see the different shades in your pics. Not sure what's up with your compressor and hope there's a cheap fix.

Mudded up the wing tip. Might not get much done today; grandkid's birthday and when that's done I have to get the lawnmower out on the back 40. It was raining on my last days off and the first two days of these days off so now I finally get a chance after 25 days. Gonna have to put a lift kit on the mower

An experimental experiment. I've never used black as a base-coat for NMF before so I gave it a shot. I don't have gloss so this is semi-gloss. I left it patchy around the cockpit area just to see what will happen. I'll be using Vallejo Metal "Chrome" for the fuselage.

1569887904581.png

Covered up the black. Turned out OK but I need to do a bit more around the front. Lighting isn't so good around the spray booth. The moving surfaces look grey in the photos but they are the same colour as the ailerons. I may do them over but they do look close when compared to this photo. Colours used to day Vallejo Metal "White Aluminum" Tamiya Flat Aluminm and Vallejo Metal "Chrome" over Tamiya Semi-gloss Black. I'll let this set over night and then do the O.D. anti-glare panel. Apparently the antenna is red as is the spinner. Hasegawa gives this as silver but the photo shows a dark colour

:thumbright: Thanks guys. I've never see the bottom photo. I think the aircraft later became "Missouri Ridgerunner(sp)" or some other famous name later in its life. I've also never noticed that piping on the drop tank before. Is it on the same side on the other wing or opposite side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back