**** DONE: GB-43 1/48 Spitfire Mk. XIV - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok a bit of progress.

not as much as i would of liked but yesterday's modelling time was taken up by an emergency 520 mile round trip to sort out my Daughters new rented accommodation for her 3rd year at the Royal Veterinary Collage !

anyway i dont intend to get bogged down with this build by doing anything than build the kit straight from the box.

interior parts painted

_DSC0089.JPG

and assembled in one side of the fuselage, wonky seat has been corrected :rolleyes:

_DSC0093.JPG

props and spinner built and painted black

_DSC0092.JPG

Last edited:
thank you chaps.

work will now halt for a week or so as i am going to the Tank museum in Bovington on saturday, monkey world on sunday then moving my Daughter out of the house in Camden and into the house in Potters Bar and waiting for her to finish some exams so wont be back home until the 23rd.
Might get a bit more done Before going back to Camden on 27th to make sure house is ok to hand back over so she gets her deposit back and also finish moving her stuff into new house :rolleyes:
i am then back at work on the 30th, so much for a relaxing two weeks off work......

Ok bit of progress.

as usual for me internal details are not that important if they cant be seen, so wings and tail attached.
you will notice i fitted the glass camera ports as these will be filed flat and painted over.

IMG_20190825_200824.jpg
IMG_20190825_200755.jpg
IMG_20190825_200852.jpg

Looking good Karl, and it looks more accurate in shape than their 'high back' version.
I might treat myself to one, maybe to do as a Mk. XVIII .......... hmm !

Ok bit of progress.

as usual for me internal details are not that important if they cant be seen, so wings and tail attached.
you will notice i fitted the glass camera ports as these will be filed flat and painted over.

Before I joined this forum I was painting the inside of the canopies grey..........
cockpits were too fiddly for me to worry about!!!!!
What happens to some of us on here has me wondering!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back