**** DONE: GB-44 1/72 F3D-2 Skyknight - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
Name : sergio
Category : intermediaty
Model : Douglas F3d-2
Kit : sword #72094
Scale : 1/72

Douglas F3D-2 bu 12xxxxx VMF(N)-513(23 red) flying nightmares Lt. col. R.F: conley and M/sgt. J.N. scott, Pyungteag korea 1953.

sword72094reviewmd_1.jpg
sword72094reviewmd_6.jpg

the plane will do it as a box, as it comes without adding even the wiring of the brakes, for its short raised elevation of the same that will not be appreciated.
the work in the painting will be to stand out because it is black night and its wear in the book that I have of the plane appears some vintage photos that are appreciated both chipping up to the metal as well as the primer on the metal, as well as the immense differences of colors in the panels themselves due to the wear and tear of the continuous actions of fighting.
I keep trying to make a small memory of the plane and its operation, as well as the crew and their period on Korea.
for later (in the finished plane thread).

thk fellas....

We are going with it, it will go fast as the connection problem is the photos will be faster in the assembly process

the cockpit

03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

the fuselage already glued the little one to have the center of gravity where it has to be when having a tricycle undercarriage, I have had to place nothing more than 20 grams of counterweight on the nose.
06.jpg
07.jpg

place the tail anti-collision wheel
08.jpg

and the base of the pilot tube, which reused its own base and the tube placed a small piece of 0.2mm aluminum tube
09.jpg

I am now working the pipes and their gondolas do not fit very well and according to measures they are very large

thk guys...

Before continuing to assemble the gondolas of the engines, I have to leave the fuselage joints well finished, so I gave it a smooth hand of paint, (reusing the excess of painting other parts)...
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

as you can see I have to try to solve some joints and minimum steps that I have, so a little bit of paneling and sandpaper to better leave the area, a little more putty, (now I will put green squadron putty mixed with the gray Tamiya), to better cover those minimal marks that I still have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back