**** DONE: GB-44 1/72 F3D-2 Skyknight - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks to everyone who commented and did not comment ...

We continue with the process, as is customary in my molds, the insertion of the wings to the fuselage give problems is already a norm, but we do not advance events and we will go by parts.

placed the engine bays, interiors already painted, and the black given to qualify the metallic now when you paint them.

15.jpg

so for half to leave them decent that they didn't even have the necessary forms
16.jpg

I'm going to have to mask those bay rewards
17.jpg

Luckily the lace of the nozzles are good not to work.

the wings.
I had to remove the navigation light from the alar edge so that that part of the wing could be closed, and I had to place the tweezers you see to be able to leave the wing closed.
18.jpg
19.jpg

solved this, the wings when sticking them neither fit nor are the joints tightly closed, nor do they have the dihedral they should have, to leave them in their tube position to use cement glue, it is risky to put this glue in the plastic but it helps to fill the huge hole you will see that it stays, the glue dries in 12 hours, so I have to leave it like that during those hours.

20.jpg

22.jpg
21.jpg

23.jpg

and as you can see the leading edge of the two wings have those plastic faults that I will have to fill, either with liquid plastic, or with plastic putty ..., but we continue with courage !!!!.

by the way companions I did not tell you happy year 2020

thanks to everyone

Next step, filling and masking the joints.
With liquid plastic fill the joints, after letting it dry the same with a profiling blade, with great care not to damage the plastic.
After this I sand it so that it is more or less well tuned, now it is with a hand of liquid putty of gunze that covers the scratches ends the joints very well.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

after this a sandpaper with sandpaper to the water of the 2000 and to clean to place the transparent ones and to begin to paint already

thank you very much friends and fellas for your words

After a lot of fighting with the transparent ones that are oversized they do not marry the cockpit, I have had to adjust it, these photos are not yet adjusted, just to make it look like it was, but also after seeing the crystals to be masked it does not have much to do with those who had the plane and if the navy F-10 just before dropping them when introducing the grumman EA6.

34.jpg
35.jpg

adjusted the transparent I give the initial layer of black, it is very cool I have to let it dry.
tell you that I start new work, I will work in an after-sales service as a technician so I will be away from home from Monday to Friday, I will limit my hours to model so that my progress will be on Saturdays and Sundays, whenever I can for the issues of family.

but well here I leave the photos of the initial color

36.jpg

37.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back