****DONE: GB-45 1/48 Hurricane Mk.I - BoB/Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, splashed some paint and added some etch bits to the framing....along with the rear bulkhead and seat.

15_Cockpit frame Paint_5003.jpg
16_Cockpit frame Paint_5004.jpg
17_Seat and backframe_5019.jpg
18_Seat and Backframe_5014.jpg
19_Seat and Backframe_5018.jpg

Thanks Guys, have kept it simple as not much is going to be seen once the fuselage fits over the top.
Added the IP to one side using the eduard set and some other etch stuff on the Starboard side.
Fuselage rear section has been glued together, front cowl still open to allow it to carefully fit over the cockpit components, a dry fit has shown this will go together nicely....!
20_IP in place_5022.jpg
21_Stbd Side_5026.jpg
22_Fuselage Halves_5032.jpg
23_Fuselage Assy_5033.jpg
24_Fuselage assy_5034.jpg

Thanks Guys.

I have removed the raised armour plate from back plate frame as HC-452 has a different rounded and curved plate added this to the back plate, painted it all up and installed it in the frame. Added the harness which also appeared to be slightly different from the British one.
Fuselage has now been slipped over the Cockpit assembly and with a tiny bit of tweaking here and there got it to sit real nice on the wing assembly.
Other had reported that the fuselage to wing fit was most painful so I paid plenty of attention to this with lots of dry fitting and sanding and scrapping of plastic here and there to ensure there would be no interference....paid off!!
25_Back Plate_5007.jpg
26_Back Plate seat & Armour Plate_5051.jpg
Cockpit Modified Armour Plate.jpg
28_Fuselage to Wing assy_5055.jpg
29_Fuselage to Wing Assy_5056.jpg

Looks good Wayne. If that wonder if that armour plate is a modern replacement by the museum for one that might have been lost. Why would the Finns put a different plate on?

Looks good Wayne. If that wonder if that armour plate is a modern replacement by the museum for one that might have been lost. Why would the Finns put a different plate on?

good point, Don't know.....After your response Andy I looked over some of the pics and it looks like it was there as a rounded panel in Finnish service, so maybe a retrofit. Some pics it appears to sit forward on some brackets, as I understand it the British "version" was flat and angular and bolted flush to the back plate, but I'm no expert here....

on to the build... the lower fuselage section is fitted along with the nose section and the tail sections have been prepped.
30_Lower Assy_5063.jpg
31_Lower assy_5066.jpg
32_Lower Assy_5067.jpg
33_Tail Assy_5070.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back