**** DONE: GB-46 1/48 C-2A Greyhound - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all for the poke ins. So I shot the cargo floor with Alclad black primer and then with Aluminum 101. I'm hoping to add a coat ot two of chromate green and then black and then to work wear in to the floor down to the aluminum showing all layers. We'll see.

20200525_112309.jpg
20200525_163950.jpg
anderson_c-2_019-1.jpg

Above from the C-2A Walkaround site.

That will real interesting to watch how you wear that floor in. I expect a healthy dose of cursing and gnashing of teeth and a few phone calls.

Well I shot some Vallejo interior green and let dry overnight and then Vallejo flat black over that. Let the fun begin. I think but I guess we'll find out, trying to use a real light sanding action with a fairly light sandpaper. Not sure but I'm thinking if done right it will give more of the ware that I'm looking for.

20200525_163950.jpg
20200526_064726.jpg
20200526_070047.jpg

I'd suggest your sanding area be very small. Perhaps cut a piece of sandpaper and superglue it to a toothpick that has been sliced to a chisel shape. I think you'll want to use a coarser grit with this method.

Also, bear in mind that the last photo shown, with the seats folded and very worn floor, appears to be a museum or stored aircraft. It's quite dirty and very worn, and probably doesn't reflect how an " in service" aircraft might look.

Ok so here is where I am. I tried sanding but wasn't getting the "feel" for it. Then I recalled a "Plasmo" video where he used a toothpick to do this. I tried the toothpick and was getting better but not the look I really was going for. So I took a Qtip and dipped in window cleaner and rubbed it on where I wanted to work and let it set a couple of seconds and went back to work with the toothpick. I gotta say I like it. I didn't want the full effect that is in the photo but I wanted the ware to be somewhat normal. Here is my results.

20200526_103106.jpg
20200526_103110.jpg
20200526_103244.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back