**** DONE: GB-46 1/48 C-2A Greyhound - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all for the poke ins. So I shot the cargo floor with Alclad black primer and then with Aluminum 101. I'm hoping to add a coat ot two of chromate green and then black and then to work wear in to the floor down to the aluminum showing all layers. We'll see.

Above from the C-2A Walkaround site.

That will real interesting to watch how you wear that floor in. I expect a healthy dose of cursing and gnashing of teeth and a few phone calls.

Well I shot some Vallejo interior green and let dry overnight and then Vallejo flat black over that. Let the fun begin. I think but I guess we'll find out, trying to use a real light sanding action with a fairly light sandpaper. Not sure but I'm thinking if done right it will give more of the ware that I'm looking for.

I'd suggest your sanding area be very small. Perhaps cut a piece of sandpaper and superglue it to a toothpick that has been sliced to a chisel shape. I think you'll want to use a coarser grit with this method.

Also, bear in mind that the last photo shown, with the seats folded and very worn floor, appears to be a museum or stored aircraft. It's quite dirty and very worn, and probably doesn't reflect how an " in service" aircraft might look.

Ok so here is where I am. I tried sanding but wasn't getting the "feel" for it. Then I recalled a "Plasmo" video where he used a toothpick to do this. I tried the toothpick and was getting better but not the look I really was going for. So I took a Qtip and dipped in window cleaner and rubbed it on where I wanted to work and let it set a couple of seconds and went back to work with the toothpick. I gotta say I like it. I didn't want the full effect that is in the photo but I wanted the ware to be somewhat normal. Here is my results.

Users who are viewing this thread