**** DONE: GB-47 1:48 Hawker Typhoon FR IB - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Model: Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ib (JT 60)
Scale: 1:48

First off I would like to thank the Judges for allowing me to continue with this build. I think I started a thread back in 2011 but couldn't find it. Parts are mostly off the sprue so no innards shots. I don't have the instructions and if past practice is anything to go by, they are in another kit box. Back in 2011, Andy (Crimea_River) was kind enough to scan and send me a copy. This will be built as "S" EK427. This is one of the aircraft that had the camera equipment removed from the port wing and a cine camera added to the right inner cannon position. The left inner cannon and fairing was also removed

795px-HawkerTyphoonFR1b.jpg

PUBLIC DOMAIN

02.jpg

DA WEBS

9 years later, the project so far. I think I used a silver pencil for the I.P. dials.

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Next step is to remove the cannon parts. This kite came with rockets and thankfully Hasegawa chose not open the holes. I notice I have to touch up the back of the control stick

Last edited:
Nice one Geo. I'll be joining you with a Typhoon of my own........some day.

Do you still have the instructions I sent or do you need another copy?

Our story so far. Removed the left inner cannon and widened the hole that housed the camera in the right inner cannon. Also painted the radiator. Even though the fuselage isn't glued together, there will still be a whacking great seam. Pondering this, I should be able to remove the radiator mounting lug, glue the fuselage together, deal with the seam, repaint and then insert the radiator from behind....should.

IMG_0002.JPG

Some seam work to attend to on the wings and then I'll join the fuselage together

Merci!!! Gluing the fuselage together. Snipped of the radiator locating lug and a test fit though fiddly is doable. Possibly a few seams on the sides might need tending to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back