**** DONE: GB-47 1:48 Hawker Typhoon FR IB - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spritzed all relevant areas with Tamiya XF-16 Flat Aluminum with a dash of white added. Washed with Citadel Agrax Earthshade

1597756075446.png

Not sure if the retaining straps on the bottles were Brass but it adds colour. Vallejo Model Colour Brass used. Filling in the inner ejector ports next

Last edited:
Great choice and good start Geo!

With Andy too on going by the photos. Instructions and colour profiles are frequently 'simplified', if not downright incorrect.

Last edited:
Thanks all. Sprayed the bottom with Tamiya XF-83 Medium Sea Grey. I'm very happy that the spitting problem was solved. Prior to this I filled in the cannon ejection ports that were not in use. Being lazy and not wanting to mix paint to get the lighter grey, I painted the replacement panels and what ever the heck was going on with the panels in front of the gear wells with XF-19 Sky Grey.

IMG_0005.JPG

I didn't realize how sloppy I was with the gear wheel wash and that will be rectified. In my rush to get something done I forgot to paint the leading edge stripes first so this will be done next; I have some small touch-ups to do with the MSG any way. While confirming that the stripes were longer than what seemed to be the norm, I noticed that the painters of the day were just as careless as we sometimes are...

1598624530245.png

EDIT: I just noticed that the front half of the right outer cannon fairing seems to be a replacement or was this the norm. The painting instructions show this as well...

1598625196828.png

EDIT the EDIT: Just went through some books and there is quite a variety of options with that cannon fairing. All Dk. Green, all Ocean Grey or 50/50 as shown above

Last edited:
Cannon fairing factory finish was to paint the entire fairing in the upper camo colour according to Chris Thomas. The outer starboard one was Dark Green and the other three Ocean Grey. It seems plausible that some parts were interchanged in the field, thus disrupting the colours.

Sorry Wayne....hit that painting funk again. Happens every time I get ready to spray. I have masked up the clear parts and most of the aircraft. Back to camp today so I will start spraying when I get home

Well.....sum beach. I finally get all psyched up to start spraying and something inside my Aztek AB broke. Took it apart (Voids the warranty) and found that small nub that attaches the trigger to the needle control broke, impossible for me to fix. Now I have to learn how to clean my H&S Infinity properly.................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back