**** DONE: GB-47 1:48 Hawker Typhoon FR IB - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just noticed that the inner cannon fairing is Dk. Green even though the wing camouflage above it is Ocean Grey.

1603656555981.png
1603656616871.png

:banghead:](*,)

Thanks Glenn. Over-sprays have been corrected and I tried to match paint on the cannon fairings. A little dark so I'll give it another shot. This is my third session using the H&S airbrush and getting more used to it every time. Doing the touch-ups, I used .5ml of paint and the same for thinner without a problem. Using the Aztek with the side mounted cup would have been a struggle. A couple things for others that use the "normal" airbrush. After a paint session, I remove the front assembly and needle and then clean everything from the cup forward. Is this the right way? Youtube is sometimes all over the place. A few people mention pushing the needle forward and removing it that way to keep paint from the needle entering the body. Clean the needle and then place it into the AB from the rear. This is what I have been doing as it kinda makes sense. Right or wrong?

Great work George.

Same here Geo, I always push the needle out the front after removing the nozzle tip assembly and back in the rear end once everything is cleaned out or cleaned up.....! and mine is only a $40.00 double action not real expensive airbrush...!

Appreciate the feed-back gents; good to know I'm doing it right. Anyhoo....touch-ups are done and now waiting to gloss coat. This will be as far as it goes, night shift starts tomorrow. Looking at the two profile photos and noticed one side stained more than the other (A). I'm thinking more grime than exhaust. The other thing is on the cannon fairings about mid-point (B). Noticeable on some aircraft, not on others but definitely on mine. Is it a bare metal colour? Any colour period photos I find are either camo colour or not clear enough to tell

Screenshot 2020-10-27 160315.jpg

Thanks Andy. Major decals are on, just the multi-piece serial number to do.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

The sharp eye will notice the "S" isn't quite correct. I'm fighting major back pain right now; my laptop is upstairs and my model room is downstairs and it wasn't until much later that I noticed the difference. Had things been different I could have trimmed a little off each. Also as I figured, decals and camo demarcation wouldn't match. On my way to the X-Ray lab now and when I get back I'll hit the serial numbers.

Thanks all. I had a slight back problem for about three weeks and was progressively getting worse. On Sunday night, my fifth night shift, I thought my vest was bunching up behind me but instead I felt a knot on my lower left side as big as the palm of my hand. Monday at supper I told one of my bosses that I was done and went home. Today I can finally kinda put my socks on by myself. Anyhoo...I started on the serial numbers. Starting on the left and looking at the reference photo, I became aware at how haphazard they were laid out in real life

1604631143311.png

I think I came close

IMG_0001.JPG

Note that I also trimmed the "S's". Not perfect but close enough if you close one eye and squint. I had a hard time being left handed and working around the wing and stab

Good stuff Geo.
I hope you can get some relief from the back pain. I really know what you are going through, as I've been "laid up" for the last 24 hours due to pain and sever stiffness in the knees and ankles. Could hardly stand yesterday, and couldn't walk. Took me nearly two hours to get dressed and downstairs this morning !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back