**** DONE: GB-47 1:72 Me 262B-1A/U1 - WW2 D-Day and After - Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Engine naceles, Painted black and then rubbed with pencil lead to give them a bit of a sooty oily look. Then out comes the Bondo, some Tamiya mystery putty, works well. I used to use auto body primer putty. When I think of all the panel lines I've shaved down and re-scribed I can feel something in my brain that isn't quite meshing right ! And that's when it starts. Maybe cut the flaps off and show them deployed and then it's a "well if I'm going o that" moment, why not the slats ? So here I am shaving out the leading wing edges and cutting up beer cans ! War dept asked me what I was doing cutting up a beer can, I said Not Golfing !

Me262B 1-A (23)r.jpg

Me262B 1-A (24)r.jpg

Me262B 1-A (25)r.jpg

Me262B 1-A (27)r.jpg

slats2r.jpg

Long story short, the war dept insists on buying beer in cans, cheaper and you get more she says. I like glass bottles, cans just seem uncivilized but I have to give her credit for the source of Kokanee beer can aluminum. I have one side of the wing slats done and fitted and just need to make the struts to hold them open. Then on to the next wing. The landing gear is a bit bleak though the parts are great looking on their own. I added some wire brake lines and for some reason there are no scissors on the main gear so I made some up.

Me262B 1-A (28)r.jpg

Me262B 1-A (29)r.jpg

Looks great but check your references as scissors were not fitted to some Me 262 variants i believe

What would stop the wheel from flopping all over like a shopping cart ? The kit pieces have bosses on them where the scissors would go ???

What would stop the wheel from flopping all over like a shopping cart ? The kit pieces have bosses on them where the scissors would go ???
it was just something i noticed when building my Hobbyboss 1/48 scale Me262.
i'll try and find where i read it in one of my books, though now i think it may have been the nose wheel that might not of had scissors, sorry, i was at work and was going from memory !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back