**** DONE: GB-49 1/48 Bf109G-6 - WW2 Night Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Haha yeah or just that they wanted to darken all the light spots and I don't think he was a member of the Nazi party!

Arghhh frustration I glued the pitot tube and the glue ran and marked my paint work. There's an hour I won't get back.

20210325_174750.jpg

On a side note I'd like to ask how I can go about putting in the port and starboard wing lights. I have used pva glue once for a landing light which worked but that was on the wing leading edge.

Some later 109 nav lights had coloured lenses so it wouldn't be outlandish to just paint them. If you want clear ones, cut out the lens, roughly shape a piece of clear sprue to the shape of the notch and glue it in with CA. When set, file and sand the sprue to blend it in with the surrounding wing surfaces then polish with fine wet/dry paper. Finish with brushed on clear gloss. If you want the bulbs, drill a hole in the sprue and add a red or green dab of paint in the hole before gluing the lens.

Of course, this will mess up your painted surface and should be done before painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back