**** DONE: GB-49 1/48 Bf109K-4 - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. The Hasegawa gun sight looked nothing like the Revi 16b needed so I made my own. The first pic is rather poor but the second shows the finished unit in place. This was tested and adjusted with the windscreen dry-fitted in place to ensure that there was no interference.

Aarrgh ! Attack of the Giant Alligator !!
Looks the biz Andy, well done.
It always surprises me that kit manufacturers can make some very detailed, small parts, but vey often, the gun sights are fairly poor - and I wish most were not made from clear plastic either !

Thanks Terry. Not really poor but it represents the earlier Revi 12 which had a distinctly different shape. I'm sure they just decided to keep the clear mould unchanged.

Thank-you gentlemen. I always think I'm done with seams and scribing......until I post pics here. The upper engine cowl does look better than it did but I don't like how the panel line and rivets are turning out. As you can see, I installed the windscreen as well. This had a pretty severe step in it that has been filed out and I've painted RLM 66 in prep for the top coats. The hinged canopy is only lightly glued and will be removed again and properly fitted once the head armour is installed.

Slow progress is anticipated for a while yet.

Adjusted the seams one last time (I hope) and shot a coat of Tamiya primer onto the entire fuselage. No close-ups! There are a few imperfections near the tail wheel that I need to sand down and re-prime but it looks like I'll be ready to move on.

I'll need to drill out the flare gun port under the right canopy quarter window at some point. On the underside, the oil cooler has been secured in place and a stretched sprue strut added.

I'm going to paint much of the fuselage before installing the wings as I've often had issues getting in tight with the airbrush to freehand the camo with the wings on. A dry fit of the wings confirms that there should be few issues, if any, with the fit at the wing roots so this will hopefully be a low-risk option.

Thanks for looking.

Nice work looking good, I'm going to do the same thing and leave the wings off till after I've painted the fueselage.

Users who are viewing this thread