**** DONE: GB-49 1/48 Mosquito B.XVI - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all, much appreciated.
I hope to get some more done later today and tonight, and with a bit of luck, iImight get to the stage of closing up the fuselage.
Pics when there's more to show ................

Sorry chaps, no further progress yet.
Had a really wasted day - I've been waiting for a delivery, and didn't want to start anything fiddly, requiring full attention, until it arrived.
Waited from 09.00 hrs this morning, with the package finally arriving at 17.30 hrs. - not impressed !
Now, after so long being inactive, I'm stiff and rather weary, so I'll get back to things either very much later tonight, or tomorrow.

Thanks Hugh.

Still working on the final, fiddly cockpit details. It's slow going, as my wrists are particularly stiff and tender today - think I'll have a rest and continue tomorrow, rather than**** things up now !
Meanwhile, the pic below shows the resin "Gee" indicator and receiver and the R/F unit, to be fitted behind the pilot's seat, and on the radio "shelf".
A couple of sets of these were cast from scratch-built masters a couple of years ago, for a FB.VI build.

Amazing. The attention to detail! Not sure I'll get to the point of having to have a build that is as accurate as you are achieving, but I'll probably not be commisioned to do one anyway. Looking forward to the finished model.

Thanks very much.
Ralph, a lot of internal detail will be omitted on this build, as some of it would not be seen, and others would be difficult, or impossible to fit, due to scale requirements v the limitations of the the moulded kit parts.

Thanks very much.
Ralph, a lot of internal detail will be omitted on this build, as some of it would not be seen, and others would be difficult, or impossible to fit, due to scale requirements v the limitations of the the moulded kit parts.

I have always wondered on the 'finishing' of the cockpit area as well as the detailing of some of the bays? Why? Put on a canopy and most of these details disappear. Put the model out for display. wheels down, and the work is never seen. I guess it's just the knowing that it is there and done as wanted? I, like most here, will continue to do the 'super' detailing, and just cover it up, but I know it is there! I still can't do severe weathering though!!

Some slow, and quite painful progress.
I seem to have strained a tendon in my right thumb, which is now very painful, and it's extremely difficult to handle anything - even flicking a cigarette lighter requires both hands, and using the left thumb instead !!
Consequently, I've had to call a halt, for now, after fitting and painting the first of the cockpit wiring, and hope that things ease off enough to continue as soon as possible.
The pics below show the wiring underway, using lead wire, and the finished items after painting, although due to the stiffness in my hand, some re-touching will be required.
Back with more as soon as I am able ....................

Users who are viewing this thread