**** DONE: GB-51 1:48 Panavia Tornado GR.1 - No Propellers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Karl. Did Italeri include pylons for swept and unswept wings?
No mate, they have you insert peg for pylon into hole on lower wing panel and melt the top of the peg to allow them to swivel.
This didn't work as the were either too loose or too tight so i have them in swept positions

Last edited:
Looking good.
I'm surprised that Italeri didn't provide caps or washers for the top of the wing-swing pegs - I'll have to remember that when I get around to doing mine.

Looking good.
I'm surprised that Italeri didn't provide caps or washers for the top of the wing-swing pegs - I'll have to remember that when I get around to doing mine.
They do have caps for the pivot points but if glue gets on the vertical peg portion it would glue the wings in whatever position you left them in so i was very careful not to do that.
Best to have wings on full sweep as they then hide the gaping holes in the fuselage sides as they dont provide any representation of the inflatable gasket in that area on real Tornado's

Last edited:
I have the Revell Tornado (like four of them) and from a molding point of view they are beautiful. From a concept of building they look good, but from an engineering perspective, don't get me started.

Nice progress Karl.
I have to get back to working on my F-105. I seem to have developed a mental block about painting the cockpit.

main cammo done, some detail painting to do on inside of intakes and on the nose.
received_1671268129930927.jpeg
received_179818750988348.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back