**** DONE: GB-55 1:48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VIII - MTO lll

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Merci. Before closing up I added the wing inserts. You get two pair, the second has bumps on them and not used. Not sure which Mark these are for or reason for the bumps

Way back in Step 3 or 4, they ask you to fill in a slot on the back of the seat armour (A). In this step they ask you to install what I'm assuming is a stiffener (B). Two problems now arise; there is now no where to attach the stiffener to the seat armour and it is 2mm short. I thought at first that I hadn't lined up the bulkheads properly but they fit perfectly into the slots on either side of the fuselage halves when close up. For the first problem I drill a small hole in the back of the armour.....awkward. I then found some wire the same dimension as the plastic part and popped it into place

Note that I remember to drill the hole out on the left insert

Thanks guys. Started gluing the fuselage together and while waiting for glue to dry I started working on the wheel wells. Added the front spar first and then will do the three parts per side wells

THOSE TWO.....are red and green formation lights and need to be added before the upper wing halves are joined. Look closely and you can see three tabs around the clear parts that fit into slots in the lower wing half. I see three options here. Do as the instructions say and then mask. Blank off the openings, cut off the tabs and insert from the bottom after painting. I haven't checked yet to make sure that the lens will fit this way. Third option is to make my own lenses from PVA.

Users who are viewing this thread