**** DONE: GB-55 1:48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VIII - MTO lll

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks. Once again, the next step did not spark great joy

aa.jpg

Not sure the reasoning for parts F52 and F53. In the diagram it looks like they go over the rudder. Had I designed the instruction sheet I would have added the red line, with a broken line to show under the elevator to show some of parts 52 and 53 would be under the elevator. Maybe its just me. As it is, fitting the small parts into a small space proved awkward

IMG_2406.JPG

IMG_2399.JPG

Rudder next

:thumbright:

The F52 and F53 parts are for filling of the fuselage sides at the area where the elevator shaft was going through. In other words the F12 part would have to be splitted into two separate pieces if you wanted to attach it to the tail.

Doing great Geo. That cowl seam is the worst part of that kit IMHO and it makes one wonder if they are just trying to set themselves up for aftermarket sales of resin replacements. I thought the rest of it was excellent though.

Totally agree Andy. Before heading to PG I glued together that whacking great filter and when dry I glued it to the fuselage. You can't see the seam. I'll post pics when I get home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back