**** DONE: GB-55 (1)1:48 Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Surfer!
I failed to ask this.........
We're there yellow leading edges on these Mk.Vb wings?
There must have been rounded under both wings but can't see one under this ones Starboard wing?

It is quite difficult to answer that question. Spitfires of the ETO had the quick ID marking applied mostly. But those used over the Malta and and the North Africa seem to be without the marking very often. So no rule there. IMHO the marking can be found on the later Spitfires only.

spit malta_a.jpg

spit malta_b.jpg

spit malta_c.jpg

spit malta_d.jpg

Malta Spitfire_e.jpg

It is quite difficult to answer that question. Spitfires of the ETO had the quick ID marking applied mostly. But those used over the Malta and and the North Africa seem to be without the marking very often. So no rule there. IMHO the marking can be found on the later Spitfires only.

View attachment 684226

View attachment 684227

View attachment 684228

View attachment 684229

View attachment 684234
I have seen photos with the upper wing roundels on these Blue machines, just couldnt find lower wing shots.
Thanks Wurger.

Oh sorry .. was sure you asked about the yellow ID markings on the leading edges. Regarding the roundels on the wing undersides ...

Here is a shot of a page from Malta Spitfire Vs - 1942 book. The late style roundel on the undersides can be noticed.

TM.jpg

the source: Spitfire Mk.VB trop T M 249 Squadron Malta (Now Complete)

Also these delivered with the earlier type of the roundels can be found on the HMS Eage deck.

Spitfire-HMS-Eagle.jpg

the source: the net.

However it appears it wasn't the rule. The two shots below suggest that there could be the roundels on the wing undersides or not. Especially the second pic is interesting. The foreground Spitfire seems to be without the roundel on the underwings while the background one had it applied.

Spit MkVc Malta_a.jpg

Spit MkVc_Malta_b.jpg

the source: Spitfires defend Malta

Hey PotLuck..............
If I don't havem,
I don't have to usem!!!!!!!
Nothing's wright, nothings wrong................. my kinda build!

Well now....................... never have I had This happen...........
I've gotten all the prickely bits on, sprayed the matt clear.........
WT??????????????????
Sand it off, repaint, find a decal to match the other wing? Impossible!
GB55-1 11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back