**** DONE: GB-55 (1)1:48 Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the page photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adding some Office detail.
Found a Mk.V video I could stop and start!!!!!
GB55 01.jpgGB55 02.jpg

Well I am waiting for the second Mk.VbT
so I can paint the interiors at the same go!!!!
Because the canon is attached to the upper wing half
there is a small gap at the wing underside. Filled it!
GB55 03.jpg
But heck, I'm almost Finished!!!!!!!
GB55 04.jpg
Bam

In a book, le_stef40 sent me a photo of the page, there is a synopsis of the paint seen on this AC I used in my intro with the crew walking alongside.
GB55 05.jpg

I will be painting as described in this book.
One thing it does mention, I have my own theory, it states it is being delivered to 249 Sqn which is probably true. But the code over-painted looks like MK, which was a code used by 126 Sqn and in the production record reflects the plane was sent to 126 from the factory. The code under the canopy remains with an upper left "corner". Could have been any letter Like B, D, E, F, M, N, P, or R and seams to be yellow. Front air intake cowl looks like Sky where the AC underside may be Azure. Fuselage probably Extra Dark Sea Blue, close to roundel blue. Radiator cover Black as all these different colours may be Replacement parts from other AC which leads Me to believe it has been In Service with 126 Sqn before this picture was taken. Looks like a patch on the lower part of the rudder, possibly battle damage.

Got my work cut out for me!!!
But it will be unique!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back