**** DONE: GB-56 1/48 P-47N - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

C A U T I O N >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Do NOT spray Alclad over Tamiya rattle can white.
I have experienced my tape, Tamiya masking, pulling the Alclad off,
Wherever I have taped. Alclad was sprayed 4 days ago and is still tacky!
It's a bit ugly. Will have to respray the cowling Alclad part.
Not the best thing to happen at this stage!
GB56 55.jpg

Oh yuk, not a good happening. I've always been a bit wary of masking at the best of times, I'm probably like many other modellers and in a bit of a rush when you can see the finishing line and one starts cutting corners and not letting paint dry properly, hence when removing masking, the paint may also come with it.

A little trick that I learnt some time ago Bill. If doing the spray on a nose cowling or cone, get a rubber band or two and position it round the area not for spraying, two or three bands behind each other and then you can use them to support the initial masking without touching the paint work behind the cowling. I use the small purple rubber band we get from our bunched vegetables or herbs at the supermarket.

Masking Nose 1.JPG

Masking Nose 2.JPG

Masking Nose 3.JPG

:D

The rattle cans worked okay, however I did put down some floor polish clear where I masked and painted.
I did that for the OD on the nose and the decals. The AlClad is like snot t5o apply decals, slippery crap.
So I show most of the work is done. Canopy needs masking and painting. Clearance lights drilled and painted.
And the C7 code is coming on a new decal order. Won't be long. Then start on GB57!
GB56 56.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back