**** DONE: GB-56 1/72 P 47D "RAZORBACK" - Thunderbolts and Lightnings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Getting ready to turn this in, but I'm not happy with the decal applications. Wondering if there is any salvation at this point? Most likely not, but this is something that I have had problems with using Tamiya decals, especially on dark colors, not wanting to 'blend', or disappear transparency wise. I have coated, in this case Tamiya gloss before applying decals. I do apply, more than once, Tamiya Mark Fit strong.
decal issue.jpg

Ralph, get yourself a pin from the sewing box, a nice sharp one if you can, dab the point over the offending decal a number of times and apply some Microscale Micro Sol or whatever decal setting solution you use. This should seep under the decal and help settle it correctly and remove the shiny effect. :D

Ralph, get yourself a pin from the sewing box, a nice sharp one if you can, dab the point over the offending decal a number of times and apply some Microscale Micro Sol or whatever decal setting solution you use. This should seep under the decal and help settle it correctly and remove the shiny effect. :D
Actually did that while first applying, but with the point of an exacto blade, sliting a bit. When I applied my mark fit it appears to flow under; the decal then appeared transparent. But upon drying, back to the non-transparent! These Tamiya decals do seem a bit thicker, but that should not affect their adhesion to the finish.

Vic's solution has always worked for me. Sometimes it takes a few tries. It's possible your gloss coat is not glossy enough when you apply the decals. Our Wayne Little is probably the best at getting a good gloss coat and I've never achieved the same level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back