**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Greayt stuff Andy and a good hint to others over fixing the tail parts after the main wing. Many instructions call for the tail first and I think this is bad planning by the manufacturers. :D

As always great work. Cockpit is MIGHTY FINE... I do have the Mankau Petrick book and several volumes from Vesco. and about three of this kit (well both pro Modeler and regular release). Somethings just wrong with me as I have a special place for the 1101 Nice to see a super quality build...

Thanks guys. Trying to keep it relatively simple as the kit's warts take away my desire to go nuts on detailing. This one will be all about the paint scheme so I'm concentrating on getting it all together more or less OOB.

The cockpit sill and roll cage have been painted with the hairy stick and the latter was installed. Very tough to line up the vertical posts with the holes in the cockpit floor. Had I known, I would have ignored the instructions and installed the seat after this step.

23061202.jpg

I'll put some rough home made seat belts in keeping in mind that I'll have the canopy closed. On the wings, the nacelles were clamped in place after painting the wells RLM 02. A bit odd but these go in before the wing uppers are glued on so I'm looking forward to an excellent fit where everything is visible....

23061203.jpg
23061204.jpg

Clamps removed and peering inside:

23061205.jpg

I never know exactly how to paint the surfaces inside the radiator fairing. Despite having shot 02 there, I'm starting to think these surfaces got the 65 lower camo all the way up to the rad. I'll go back and redo it unless someone has better info.

And I do hope that Revell/PM have stopped this nonsense:

23061201.jpg

Thanks again for the looks and likes. More soon, maybe.

Thanks again. The wing uppers have been glued in place and now we are now filling and sanding - my least favourite activity but something I recognize that is important. I repainted the radiator areas in RLM 76 in preparation for gluing on the fairings.

23061601.jpg

I glued together the various bits that make up the flame dampers. These are nicely detailed, though the exhaust end is moulded closed so I started drilling these out.

23061602.jpg

The kit instructions provide templates to cut pieces for the armour plates around the nose and I opted to use these and glued on these optional plates that I cut from .1mm card. The seatbelts are just pieces of masking tape that should be fine when viewed through the closed canopy.

23061603.jpg

That's where we are as of right now. Thanks again for the looks and likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back