**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Been masking the glass house on and off so very little to show. This one might be another zombie as I leave for a 4 week vacation on the 21st.

4 days in London where I will meet Karl at the de Havilland Museum at Colney. Then Southampton to catch a 2 week cruise up the Norway fiords to the North Cape and back. Then Ontario to visit family - 4 weeks all in.

Yeaaaaahhhhh......No.
Have fun and take Karl a Phantom or four, he needs 'em.

Great stuff Andy, full of envy as well, was going to do cruise of the fiords years back that would have ended up in London by Tower Bridge then COVID struck. Enjoy. :D

So here's where it's at today after spending an hour or two here and there. I'm still not finished with the canopy masks but have begun to glue the multi-part greenhouse in place given that it will be displayed all buttoned up. Some of the masks I applied are now peeling away again due to the sharp corners and I'll need to redo these. Taking forever.

23071102.jpg
23071105.jpg

The fit of the windscreen to the fuselage is atrocious so I've begun to add some filler - yet more fiddley clean-up.

23071103.jpg

Also filling at the stab junction continues:

23071104.jpg

The fuel tanks have nice detail but are a bit of a pain to assemble. The struts need to be set at the right angle and to do this I dry-fitted them into the holes in the wing and fiddled with CA-gluing the attachment points to the tanks after they were set on the struts. And now after looking at them here I have just realized that I switched the struts and they are ass-backwards so I'll need to redo them. The yellow shows the direction the braces should go.

23071101.jpg

At this rate it will be a bit before I get to the paint but I hope to splash some on before I leave on my trip. Thanks for looking in guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back