**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. The house has aired out. Next will be the RLM 75 uppers using a Tamiya mix I have not quite perfected yet. I will tweak to ratios I have used before and will report hopefully before Friday.

Looking good.
Hope you have a good trip to the DH Museum, but keep Karl out of the pub.
And then i guess you'll be pining for the fjords................ see if you can find a Norwegian Blue !
Thanks Terry. 'ELLOOO POLLY!....Beautiful Plumage.....

As for keeping Karl out of the pub, hell, I'll be racing him to the entrance!

Thanks Terry. 'ELLOOO POLLY!....Beautiful Plumage.....

As for keeping Karl out of the pub, hell, I'll be racing him to the entrance!
Gonna start the Silly walk sketch again now are we.

giphy (7).gif

I walk like that all the time....

So today it was on to the RLM 75. I mixed up a fresh batch of Tamiya paints for this session and am happy with the colour. Did about an hour and a half of painting when the cup ran out so will finish it tomorrow. My H&S brush was not working that great so the demarcation lines are a bit splattery. I think there is no way on earth I'll be able to achieve the very tight squiggles unless the brush works much better than this. I'll give it a good overhaul before trying but that will be after I'm back in the second half of August. Anyway, on to the pics:

23071902.jpg

The dreaded close-ups:

23071901.jpg
23071903.jpg

The lighting plays with the hues a bit in the above photos but my eyes like the real thing. The challenge I've had with mixing up Tamiya paints for RLM 75 was to get the right hint of the violet tone (after all, the RLM designation was Grauviolet). Tamiya's suggested mix of 5:XF24 + 1:XF-50 is out to lunch IMO and other mixes I've tried that introduce red to the mix were TOO red/purple but I got away with them because I used them in small quantities. The mix used above was my final tweak and, for the record, is as follows:

2 Parts XF-2 White
7 Parts XF-24 Dark Grey
1 Part XF-9 Hull Red

That will be my go-to recipe from now on. Thanks for looking in guys.

It's really not an issue once you land on a formula - as long as it's written down somewhere!

No pics today but I did finish off the 75 uppers and will leave it at that for the next month. Then I'll need to stink up the house again and go over some of the demarcation lines with AK's RLM 76 again before applying a gloss coat. Decals will go on before the squiggles so lots to come yet.

Hi guys. Got back late last Friday and am slowly getting back to this build. I sprayed a gloss coat on the underside (not boring you with pics of that) and am about to touch up some overspray on the uppers with some smelly AK RLM 76.

This build won't be done before the deadline but maybe in a month if I put my mind to it.

Demarcations between the 75 and 76 have been touched up and gloss coat applied (still wet in the pic). I used very then AK RLM 76 for the touch ups.

23082301.jpg

Next step is to apply the decals as the squiggles will go around and through the insignia. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back