**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Re.2001 Falco II CN - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello Vic,

On my screen, the color is too blue and too dark.
From Stormo website below.
Italian colors.jpg

Maybe a color between RAF MSG and RAF DSG could be right :)

Thanks Steph, I've been looking in that sit most of the afternoon trying to find a colour that I have that matches. At the moment it looks live a trip to the shop. :D

Thanks Sergio, I think I've got it sorted now. I'm wanting to use the Australian made SMS paints and will be ordering them today. :D

Thanks for looking in Gents and my thanks for your help with colours, hoping to get what I need arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, these arrived from sunny Italy today, there actually decals for a Spitfire but I only need the roundels.

20230608 1.JPG

:D

Thanks for looking in Gents and my thanks for your help with colours, hoping to get what I need arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, these arrived from sunny Italy today, there actually decals for a Spitfire but I only need the roundels.

View attachment 724418
:D
Wish I'd known, i have 2 sets of Italian roundels for spitfires you could have had !

you're welcome my good friend, I've never seen the SMS things we live almost on the other side of the planet from each other..., the greatness of the network, my good friend.
take care of the tauro models decals, they are somewhat capricious, I have assembled some of their models (here the mc 205 came in a GB) and I had so many problems that I was about to abandon them and do them myself

Thanks for checking in guys and for the info, much appreciated..............................................Moving on, I've had a go at trying to correct the underside colour as best I can, have also done a bit of weathering.

20230615 1.JPG

20230615 3.JPG

:D Next up we'll do a bit of masking and have a go at the top spray in the sort of sandy colour, I'm going for the Giallo Mimettico 4 (Camo Yellow) for the base and either
Verde Mimettico (Camo Green) or Verde Mimettico 3 (Dark Camo Green) for the spaghetti finish. The spaghetti will be fun. :D

Last edited:
Moving on..............I've run over a sprinkling of a deeper colour that I feel looks a lot better and much closer to the Giallo Mimettico 4 (Camo Yellow).

20230616 1.JPG

20230616 2.JPG

Now I'll just do a little light shading before attempting some spaghetti squiggles. Not something I have done before so a little apprehensive but will practice first on a bit of old wing. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back