**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Re.2001 Falco II CN - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a very productive day, have done lots of test squiggles trying to get the right pressure and spacing from the plastic. I was going great guns, a couple test squirts, clean the head, a couple more etc............................. Had a break for lunch and was back to it but for real this time.....................................you guessed it, the airbrush started to play up. Spraying suspended I pulled the airbrush apart for a good clean and while doing so noticed the needle point was bent (it's only a cheap airbrush that came with my compressor some years back). I straightened the tip as best I could put it all back together again and loaded up paint for a bit more testing and nothing happened when I pressed the double action leaver. Pulling it apart again and all the guts fell out.

I have a better airbrush a Sparmax MAX-3 double action with a 0.03mm needle I'm finding it a bit hard to get a nice narrow spray line with good colour cover. So have just ordered a 0.02mm Sparmax SP020 so project on hold now until it arrives. In the meantime I've resprayed over the offending squiggles and done a little weathering.

20230618 1.JPG

20230618 2.JPG

This will also be it from me for a couple of days, off for a bit of surgery tomorrow pm, nothing serious just a sinus clean and a bit of repair work and hopefully I'll be able to breath better and not have so many face aches and headaches. You never know, my new finer airbrush may have arrived by the time I'm back on my feet. :D

Thank for your comments and thoughts gents, it's been a rough few days since last Monday week and I'm just starting to feel human again.

So on with the build, apart from the fact that I've been a bit crook, it has been a bit cold out in the garage but I did manage to do a bit of squiggle practice in small doses and went out there today and gave it a go on the build. Didn't want to make the squiggles stick out like dogs you know whats and wanted to sort of keep them nice and low key.

Over to you guys for thought's, comments and such.
20230628 1.JPG

20230628 2.JPG

20230628 3.JPG

Thanks for checking in. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back