**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Re.2001 Falco II CN - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's a convincing finish Vic. Maybe you could have gotten a bit closer in some spots but overall a nice job.

It's a convincing finish Vic. Maybe you could have gotten a bit closer in some spots but overall a nice job.
Thanks Andy, I was using a .2mm nozzle airbrush and decided to take the plunge after a lot of practice. I found the SMS paint which is diluted for use direct out of the bottle and recommends a .3mm airbrush nozzle. To make this work with relatively low pressure I had to dilute the paint almost 50/50 with the thinners. Consequently if applied close to the model the exiting paint and air would kind of blow a clear channel down the centre of the paint. So I moved away and at times move just that fraction to far away from the model. I did give it a number of attempts with resprays of sand colour in between, but in the end just settled on what I had.

For a 1st attempt, I'm quite happy with it. :D

Last edited:
Many thanks gent's. The decals for the Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force have been applied, not many to see and no other markings visible on the only example I have. So its just plain and simple.
20230702 1.JPG

20230702 2.JPG

20230702 3.JPG

You may also note the cannon, exhausts and navigation lights have been added. Not much to go now, hoping to get it up and posted by the weekend. Maybe.
:D

Thanks for the kind words and for looking in folks...............................................I'm calling this one done. It's not a good day for taking pics so I've only shot a couple to be going on with and will do a finished thread as and when the cloud departs which according to our weather people could be sometime next Monday.

20230704 1.JPG

20230704 2.JPG

Off to see the ENT man now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back