**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Re.2001 Falco II – Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A note to the judges, mainly for your info and approval.

After receiving some interesting info from both George and Wojtek and after some considerable thought and juggling, I'm still doing the same aircraft as a night fighter but without the underwing cannon. It would seem that this aircraft may never have had them fitted (possibly supply shortage) even though it was intended. So this is now a Night Fighter fitted only with 2 wing mounted 7.7mm machine guns but still has the exhaust flame damper covers. I have also changed the box cover art in post #1 to reflect this aircraft.

The kit parts and decals.
20230504 1.JPG

20230504 2.JPG

20230504 3.JPG

:D

After receiving some interesting info from both George and Wojtek and after some considerable thought and juggling, I'm still doing the same aircraft as a night fighter but without the underwing cannon. It would seem that this aircraft may never have had them fitted (possibly supply shortage) even though it was intended. So this is now a Night Fighter fitted only with machine guns

After receiving some interesting info from both George and Wojtek and after some considerable thought and juggling, I'm still doing the same aircraft as a night fighter but without the underwing cannon. It would seem that this aircraft may never have had them fitted (possibly supply shortage) even though it was intended. So this is now a Night Fighter fitted only with machine guns
Never say never!
xEoGJxW.jpg

39GNhFm.jpg

0NhVivq.jpg

I would do it with guns even if this was a single a/c used for shooting tests only. In fact the text to the above photos says:
Re. 2001 CN MM 08075 had wing cannons one of the very few here it is at the shooting tests in Furbara.
So they might have been even more than one.
Judging the fact that the cannon covers are camouflaged in black IMHO this is not just a simple field mod to check them. It's a legit factory production a/c or a modification, but an "original mod" so to say.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Many thanks Yves, some great shots there. I'm going to stick with the one I have pictured (Blue 234-2) as I also have a second GB 58 now going for the same aircraft flown later in the conflict on the side of the Allies which has the 20mm cannon fitted where as this Blue 234-2 did not use these cannon. :D

Made a start on the initial preparation for both these builds today. Have to say that the kit though well moulded, is quite basic with some inspirational detail on the cockpit walls but sad in other parts.
Cockpit detail that I may decide to improve with a bit of 3D detail.
20230523 4.JPG

The control stick as shown on the instruction.
20230523 1.JPG

The control stick from the kit. Luckily I found a couple in the spares box that will look better.
20230523 3.JPG

The kits have no locator pins so a bit of location and strengthening for the main legs is needed.
20230523 5.JPG

Busy day tomorrow so may not get much done. :D

Made a start on the painting today, a nice Italian green for all internal areas.

This is the all dark night fighter that carried only machine guns.
20230525 1.JPG

The next couple of shots cover both builds, no point in separating at the moment.
20230525 2.JPG

The inst panels as they are at the moment, going to attempt some chipping tomorrow given time.
20230525 3.JPG

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back