**** DONE: GB-58 1/72 Dornier Do 217 N-1 – Night Fighters all Eras (1 Viewer)

Impressed with the camo on the sides!! Masked pattern or free hand air brushing? In either case they look great.
I used stensils made from print-outs of the profile that had been sized to 1/72 scale, cutting out the pattern of the camo. One set of stencils for the 74 and one for the 75, then did a lot of touch-up with a brush. I thought I had some decals for the GG YG codes but what I have won't work so I will do the same stenciling for them.
Here are some of the stencils"

20230801_055838.jpg
 
A lot done in the last couple of days.
Most of the panel lines on this kit were raised and since the plastic was dark gray I wet sanded the surface with 1000 grit sandpaper removing the paint from the raise lines revealing the dark plastic underneath. The few recessed lines were treated as I usually do with tempura.
I then sprayed it with Testors dull coat, did some light pastel exhaust staining and then more dull coat to seal the pastels.
Lastly, I removed all the window masking.

20230817_165900.jpg
20230817_165936.jpg
20230817_170003.jpg
20230817_170030.jpg
20230817_170052.jpg

20230817_170214_HDR.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back