**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Nakajima Ki-84 - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So, yeah, been a while. Lots on the go with the Mossie restoration so I've had very little motivation to work on this model. However, I plopped myself at the bench and got a bit done over the last couple of days.

First off, the "instrument panel" included with the kit is nothing but a decal so I had a go at making my own from scratch. I wasn't going to go overboard on details on this kit but the panel will be seen through the canopy and I thought it would be a chance to try this. I sketched the panel onto a piece of paper then transferred it to a styrene sheet where I cut the shape and drilled holes for the instruments. I then glued a backer piece to the panel like so:

23100602.jpg

I then shot Tamiya NATO Black on the panel, scratched dials and markings on the bezels, added a drop of clear cement and outlined the faces in black, rather messily it seems.

23100603.jpg

The whole thing, once installed in the pit, looks fine as far as I'm concerned. I also added a side console and seat belts. The interior paint is Tamiya XF-11 JN Green with lighter highlights picked out with a fine brush. I will be adding an armour plate behind the seat once the fuselage halves are glued together.

23100604.jpg

The engine has been painted and is seen here assembled with the fuselage halves together.

23100601.jpg

Things should go much quicker now that these interior bits are done. the parts count is pretty small so I anticipate having the wings on some time this weekend. Thanks for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back