DONE: SB2C-4E Helldiver, VB-84, USS Bunker Hill, White 207, April 1945 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry I didn't really update before this, but I got caught up in it. :lol:

Fuselage is together, I have to fill it still, the cowling is just dry fitted as I haven't completed the engine yet, but it won't go on until it's painted anyway. I have to spray the white where the arrows go, and then I'll paint the yellow on the cowling. Hopefully I can convince my dad to take me to the LHS, because we went two days ago to get some of that decal making stuff, but it was rather impromptu and he asked me if I needed any paints and I needed to know right then! Needless to say I forgot something, in this case the yellow. :lol:

DSCN0892.jpg

DSCN0893.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

DSCN0895.jpg

DSCN0896.jpg

Hell's Teeth! That was quick Cory! Looking great so far, but don't forget to add the radar receiver set above the radios - it's travelled from Korea to the UK to Canada, so it needs a home! Looking forward to seeing the blue and yellow, should look stunning.

Thanks Terry. The radar set's already there! It was built in for some reason. See that box on the far right? That's it. It's exactly where the empty space is on the picture in the Squadron book and it has a little screen on it which I should paint! :lol:

Glad to see you've got it on the stocks Cory. BTW, it's not as ugly as that fat little stupid barrel shaped thing that Jan likes so much!!

I'm going to have to take Jan's side of this argument. I mean, there's ugly and then there's the Helldiver. Maybe if Curtiss paid more money to the guy in charge of designing the empennage he wouldn't have spliced the tail of a C-46 onto it.

Knew it reminded me of something!
Cory, I doubt I'll need an AP/APNS set, so you might as well keep it in your spares box. But if you've got a 1/32nd scale AI MkIV, then that's a different matter......

Nah! Only kidding Cory! I'm going to scratch-build one for the Beaufighter, as I very much doubt there's ever been a model of one of the earlier radar sets, in any scale. Also, the way it was fitted into the rear observer's position was different to other aircraft such as the Mossie - it was angled to one side, with the power control underneath and farther back, and the operator sat facing the rear! It's OK though, I've got a reasonable pic and some installation diagrams etc, plus, I made one for my 1/48th Beau, so I should hopefully manage. Thanks very much for the offer though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back