****Finished Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-84 "White 21" 57th Shimbu-Tai PTO Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Fellas....

Well, she placed Second in the large Aircraft category, and won Best Japanese/Axis Aircraft.

Couple of Guys asked about the paint chipping effect and the faded paintwork, saying it was top notch...:oops:

One even asked if the wing hinomarus were painted on, thought they were! surprised when I said decals.

Couple of shots, without flash and with flash and the sucker that beat me and took best in show. A good friends and a super model!

Attachments

• Ki-84_6074.JPG
    Ki-84_6074.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Ki-84_6076.JPG
    Ki-84_6076.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Tornado_6124.JPG
    Tornado_6124.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 160
I agree with Dan.. but that jet is hell of a job, love the tiger stripe.. BUT, yours is better wayne! :D

Modelling skills aside (both kits are extremely well done!), from a purely aesthetical point of view, I don't see how the Tornado took first. The bland modern one-tone schemes are great for their purpose, and look good in their own right, but those tiger stripes do nothing for me at all...yours has the much more striking appearance of the two, Wayne. (Just my opinion.)

Fantastic work btw!

I appreciate your support and comments fellas thanks!

By the way you've seen the Tornado before it is a previous Large scale winner back in 2006 in Melbourne and Adelaide...not sure if it was 2006 or 2005.

In both Melb. and Adelaide Large scale Props and Jets are in one open category, they are separated in the smaller scales....

Last edited:
Ok Finished her up today, took the pics before the sun disappeared....

Judge's Participation Entry Only, therefore not part of the Judging phase of the Group Build.

The 6 Compulsory angles...

Hope you like it!:D
Very nice wayne - I particularly like the weathered wear left rear wing root where pilot and crew chief would stand frequently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back