DONE: SBD-3 Dauntless "White 5", Swede Vejtasa, USS Yorktown CV-5, 1942, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Well, since everybody else has started I'll do it as well....:oops: :D
I'll do Stanley "Swede" Vejtasa's SBD-3 Dauntless from USS Yorktown, the machine in which he tangled with Zeros during the battle of Coral Sea, May 1942. The Dauntless is Accurate Miniatures 1/48 crate.

The Wildcat is for my other GB..

I'll have to wait another two weeks before I can start, sínce I'm in Sweden visiting family and friends....:lol:

Attachments

• DSCF0001-34.jpg
    DSCF0001-34.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 394
Only got two arms sport! :lol:

Attachments

• 48-023 USN Squadron Designators  Standard 12 inch Numbers Black.jpg
    48-023 USN Squadron Designators Standard 12 inch Numbers Black.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 48-024 USN Squadron Designators  Standard 12 inch Numbers White.jpg
    48-024 USN Squadron Designators Standard 12 inch Numbers White.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 48-005 U.S. National Insignia 1919-42 Part-1.jpg
    48-005 U.S. National Insignia 1919-42 Part-1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 262
Lucky, be sure you've got the right markings and camo for the Dauntless. I found that they switched a lot during those few months from Coral Sea and Midway. Check my site, I put a link up for Enterprise but if you fool around with the site they also list Yorktown and the markings.

Been looking at the Yellow Wings decals for this one and Eduards "Zoom" set for the cockpit, just slowly and gently get into the etch "scene"...don't really agree with the clear instrument panel.....

Lucky, be sure you've got the right markings and camo for the Dauntless. I found that they switched a lot during those few months from Coral Sea and Midway. Check my site, I put a link up for Enterprise but if you fool around with the site they also list Yorktown and the markings.

With the amount of decals he has found and posted , he will be well and truely covered I think!:D

Right, back in Glasgow and my two crates has been washed and both are now drying....
Don't have the interior colour, but Vallejo have in their Air series, so I'll order that and an few other things, I'll do the engine etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back