DONE: 1/72 Hasegawa TBM-1C Avenger CV-16 USS Lexington Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wingnutz

Airman 1st Class
Apr 20, 2007
Singapore
hey folks,

here's the third installment of my "Battle of Leyte Gulf" builds, and my first WIP entry in the PTO GB under category 2...it's a 1/72 hasegawa TBF-1C Avenger Torpedo Bomber, VT-19, CV-6 USS Enterprise/CV-9 USS Essex, USN 3rd fleet: Task Force 38;

test fitted and compared the size of this bird with the wildcat, and one can see that this aircraft had a more robust size, indeed a plane designed to deliver some serious ordinance...

this type of aircraft were used in the sinking of the IJN's super battleships "yamato" and "musashi"...

avengernameplate_02copy.jpg

avengerboxart_wip.jpg

avengerwip_012.jpg

avengerwip_022.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, BTW, could you let me know, and include in the opening post, which category you're entering in please?
Thanks,
Terry.

hi terry,

apologies sir, i was hoping i can pull off this build as a category 2 entry with my limited skills...

glenn

wip_exhaustscopy.jpg

managed to to do some little work on this project...hope to do more this weekend...since it's gonna be father's day anyway...

Looking great Glenn. Does the kit have the 'Aero Tail' for the torpedo? If not, it'll be easy to scratch-build, and I can post the details if you need them.
Terry.

Looking great Glenn. Does the kit have the 'Aero Tail' for the torpedo? If not, it'll be easy to scratch-build, and I can post the details if you need them.
Terry.

thanks folks...

hey terry..you mean like this one???
Mark13-torpedo-on-Wasp.jpg

sure thing...anything to make this build a bit more interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back