DONE: 1/72 Scale Wildcat Scratch (Wood/Metal) Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent work Igor. I agree with you about the panel lines,; the grain of the wood could either make them look rough, or the engraved line could 'slip' into the grain, making it crooked. On a much larger scale it might work, but too risky on this small scale. The pencil lines will hopefully show through the paint, and maybe you can go over them again, very lightly, once painted.
It's going to look great when finished I think!

Yep, good point about the grain Igor, that was why I thought to practice on a scrap piece first.
I guess if preshading works for the airbrushers, then your lines will hopefully show through aswell (as Terry also said).

I'm glad to report that decals sent by Wayne arrived today safe and sound. Thank you again for your help Wayne. The decals fit perfectly (as shown in one of the photos below).

In the meantime I've done work on some details on the model and also painted cockpit conopy with light blue which is to represent glass. After I draw conopy frames I can proceed with painting the model. Here are some photos on the work done so far...

Attachments

• 2_02.jpg
    2_02.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 2_04.jpg
    2_04.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 71
  • 2_05.jpg
    2_05.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
... and few more close ups:
(Wheels are not yet firmly attached to the fuselage. I will glue them after painting the model.)

Attachments

• 2_01.jpg
    2_01.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 2_03.jpg
    2_03.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 2_06.jpg
    2_06.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Great work Igor. I'm a little puzzled that the decals arrived from Australia so quickly. Have you received my package yet? I posted it on Thursday of last week. I hope I haven't written the address incorrectly; I might have missed one letter out of 'Safarikova' !! I do know though, that there have been some delays at my local Post Office - some stuff I sent to addresses in the UK took over 3 days to arrive, so hopefully you'll get it soon.

Thanks fellas.
Terry, I was also surprised to receive mail from Australia so quickly. I'm afraid your package haven't arrived yet. Don't know why, but let me tell you that Serbian post office is not exactly known as very expedient. When my sister was writing to me or sending post cards from Slovakia it usually took a week for mail to arrive. I'm sure your package will arrive next week. Don't worry, you wrote the name of my street "Safarikova" corectlly....

Last edited:
That shouldn't be a problem Terry. Its important to write postal code and name of the town correctly and number of the house of course. Once the package arrives to our local post office then its easy to figure out which street you meant, since my town is small (20.000 inhabitants) and name of almost every street is widely known...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back