DONE: 1/72 Hasegawa TBM-1C Avenger CV-16 USS Lexington Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great! Nice graphics. You're good to go with that, as the 'tail' was fitted to both torpedo types, those with the 'ring' over the fins, and those without. Looking forward to seeing it built.

hey folks,

finally got the canopy masking over with...probably the most dreaded part of this build...and decided to route-out more engine cowling flaps...

tamiya masking tape and a new knife blade is a must for bird cage canopy works folks...

next stage would be priming and painting works...

avengerwip_canopycopy.jpg

did some detailing on the ball turret, which i think will be covered up somehow...oh well...

avengerwip_ballturretcopy.jpg

thanks folks, just started painting the wings on this baby, good thing the hasegawa kit has recessed wing roots which would just easily slot-in after painting, rather than cementing these with the fuselage which usually makes masking a bit tricky, this also makes it a lot less painful process...will post progress pix shortly...

got on with the intended us navy tri-color paint scheme...unfortunately the original hasegawa decals reacted badly with mr softener, so i got new roundels from my spares box...

next is marrying all the sub-assemblies, a wee bit more detailing, and then weathering...

avengerwip_paintingdecalcopy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back