SBD-2 Dauntless "Black B-1" Lt. Richard H. Best VB-6 Uss Enterprise Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow! those LIFE pics are absolute classic! Great post.

We are all hanging on Njaco - just like the last episode after a season of CSI. You know the one - when that guy is buried alive in a coffin and eveybody thinks he won't survive. 8)

pics!

Cheers

Ozhawk40

Well, here ya go then!

Remember, work in progress and still fiddling with touch-ups. And this is before the gloss coat when I can go for the panel lines, etc.... I am actually very happy how this is turning out.

One thing: Before those pics from James I had started to apply the decals. Got to one and then saw those pics. So there is only one star so far and it needs some fixing after my working it over. No problem.

Attachments

• sb01.jpg
    sb01.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 95
  • sb02.jpg
    sb02.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 102
  • sb03.jpg
    sb03.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 104
  • sb04.jpg
    sb04.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 113
I think I have it covered Evan. I have an old F4F decal sheet that has the exact size. Thanks.

You're on to something with that. Perfect Pacific grunge going on there.

No, Dan, no gloss coat. I wanted to keep layers down and since this looked like a few coats of paint and weathering, I tried to minimize that. Plus I don't have an airbrush to thin paints so thick is thick! Wanted to get a base coat of the blue with major weathering and decals then a gloss coat for fidgy pastel weathering, panels lines and any touch up.

I started with the decals on one side. The two white dashes on the rudder disintegrated when out of the water (I thought a decal from 1967 would be ok?) so I hand painted the lines although I don't think I made the angle of slash as deep as they should be. Hard to tell without the gear showing the proper angle but its ok. Once I get the other decals on, I will put the gloss coat and then the finese painting.

Attachments

• Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back