SBD-2 Dauntless "Black B-1" Lt. Richard H. Best VB-6 Uss Enterprise Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hope this helps

Ahhh, I see you've already got it nailed!..

She's looking like a beauty!

Attachments

• gaps.jpg
    gaps.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
So what I did was fill the area with glue as best I could and then physically hold it in place for about an hour (the sloping sides didn't allow for a clamp).

wooden clothes pins come in handy and are cheap and disposable- take em apart and shape the contact points with a file to fit curves and contours during dry fit, reassemble the pin and fine tune to the perfect fit.

Thanks james. Another good thing would be to READ the instructions. Everything so far has been a problem of my own doing. The instructions say start at the fuselage and work the wing out to the tip which I should have done. The blue line on that model pic is where I had the gap with NOTHINg to glue as there was just a small shelf/lip but I worked it. Thought it was gonna be a problem.

Thanks.

Glad you got it sorted Chris. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together! (Cue 'A Team' signature tune!)

I just wish I wasn't so thick headed to not read the instructions. This is a better model than that 410 and detail is pretty good. But its a precision build.

Ok, sanded the gaps, attached the engine and cowling and started with the painting. I left the botton dive flaps as they were sticky bits that I can leae till later. Same for the rear gunner (which I have confirmed is a single .30 cal - twins didn't happen until the -3.). Almost ready for decals.

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 068.jpg
    Picture 068.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Picture 070.jpg
    Picture 070.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 116
Haven't done much the last few days. I'm trying to plan how to proceed. there are a lot of little bits that I don't want to break and the off-color red of the dive flaps (have to figure the best way to do that without globs of correction paint). The biggest is there are 2 white stripes angled up the rudder and haven't decided whether to modify some decals or try to freehand brush. hmmmm............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back