Doubleposting, etc... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
I've noticed a few problems lately that might be getting worse and I just want to make sure its not the forim.

When I type a reply it sometimes takes forever to load - I sometimes have to hit the 'Reply' button several times. I then get a 'Double Post' message and all is well. But its persistant and increasing in frequency.

I now notice some members ahaving troubles and sometimes having double posts instead of one and I can only assume that it may be the same problem.

Not sure if its my PC or on the site. Anybody else having similar problems?

Was
until I sussed it. Usually it was a time-out issue with me, which tempted me to hit the Submit button again and when the page loaded properly, lo and behold, two identical posts.

I just refrain now from hitting the Submit button twice, when the page does finally load, your original attempt is usually there.

Same thing happens to me a lot. After you submit it goes very slow then appears to lock up and you get a server error screen, but if you hit the back button several times then check the last post on the thread I always find my post there.

Yep, I've had it also, as described above. I also had one last night, which was a little different. The 'post reply' button was clicked once, and the response was virtually instant this time, which was very surprising. But, immediately, it displayed a double post.
I think it must be the Gremlin season !!

Yep, I've had it also, as described above. I also had one last night, which was a little different. The 'post reply' button was clicked once, and the response was virtually instant this time, which was very surprising. But, immediately, it displayed a double post.

You're a very naughty boy...

I too have experienced this problem. Apart from noticing plenty of double posts from other member around the forum, I usually avoid this myself by not hitting the submit button twice but rather waiting long enough for page to finally load same as Colin mentioned (patience is a virtue :) ).
If a "Server Error" message is shown then I click on the "Reload current page" button on my internet browser (Firefox in my case).

Hope this server problem will be solved due course.

Happened to me twice in the last two days. I've learned to just hit "submit reply" once and when the "internal Server Error" comes up, hit the "back" button a couple of times. When I go back into the thread, lo and behold, my reply is there.

Before it just happened now and then, but now every time I submit a post everything locks up for a minute or two then I get the "Internal server Error" screen. My new post always seems to be there though when I click on the refresh button.

Same on my end as well. Internal server problems and timing out as with Adler.

Did it again while posting this reply. Here is what I got.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.ww2aircraft.net Port 80

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back