Earthquake Southern California

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3

Pacific Historian
Jun 4, 2005
Orange County, CA
Just had a strong quake hit the Chino Hills area.

Prelim mag = 5.8
Magnitude 5.8 - GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA

I was approx 10 miles to the south of the epicenter and it was a series of very strong jolts.

I am working in a telecom room and had just gotten off a tall ladder when the event began. The overhead cable trays are designed to swing to and fro ....... and i thought the whole damn roof was coming down.

:lol:

I even had a couple of old used ty-wraps fall down on my head!!!!

:lol:

I was in Camarillo and I was surprised at how far away it was. We had a pretty good rolling motion, like a wake from a boat. Nothing fell or anything, just frayed the nerves of some of the quake newbies. Just another day in SoCal!

well, no damage at all at work or home.

Except for an empty can falling off the counter in my kitchen.

At my daughters daycare, all the kids enjoyed it .... although many were confused at first ... thinking someone was pushing or shaking them. :lol:

Heck I missed it!!!! I was walking down the street at work and didnt even feel it! i got back to my shop and the radios blaring about a quake and the people in the shop are talking about it and i didnt even get the ride!!!!!:D

Yeah, be careful Sys. We got word our offices in LA we evacuated for saftey reasons, but they returned shortly thereafter when no damage was done.

Heck I missed it!!!! I was walking down the street at work and didnt even feel it! i got back to my shop and the radios blaring about a quake and the people in the shop are talking about it and i didnt even get the ride!!!!!

I guess there is a plus for alcohol!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back