NZ Earthquake (again...) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gumbyk

Master Sergeant
Apr 2, 2009
Blenheim
Well, we had another earthquake here midnight Sunday.... M7.5 located a couple of hundred k's south of here.

Here are some pics to satisfy your morbid curiosity...
National Business Review | Facebook

And the damage at our place...

IMG_8198.JPG

That's my side of the bed. Luckily I was up with our son at the time this fell over.
IMG_8199.JPG

120 litre's of fish-tank water through our lounge. We were still finding live fish on the carpet at 10 a.m. the next day...
IMG_8201.JPG
IMG_8202.JPG
IMG_8203.JPG

Yeah, bigger than the Christchurch earthquakes a few years ago - and certainly a lot longer - it was shaking for about 2 minutes.

We've had a bit of minor damage to the house, but nothing significant.

I saw an interesting picture of 3 cows stranded on a patch of land about 15 feet big while the rest of the land around them sunk about 20 feet. Weird how nature works sometimes.

Most importantly I'm glad you and your family is safe!

I saw an interesting picture of 3 cows stranded on a patch of land about 15 feet big while the rest of the land around them sunk about 20 feet. Weird how nature works sometimes.

Most importantly I'm glad you and your family is safe!
Yep - those cows are now world-famous!

Apparently the farmer has been able to rescue them, but had to wait until it was safe to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back