Earthquake

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D

Lieutenant Colonel
Apr 1, 2004
An earthquake hit Britain last night at around 1am, the epicentre was Wragby near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire - which is not that far from me. I felt it and the son of a b*tch woke me up ! It was 5.2 on the richter scale.

Yeah. Huge chasms ripped in the ground followed by fire and brimstone...end of the world is nigh!...Or a chimney pot fell off a house causing many pounds of damage.

The non event of the year.

It was in England though so no harm done.

5.2 is pretty good sized, depending on the depth and the length of the temblor. Did you get the rolling motion, or the sharp, pounding motion? That's usually tell you how close to the epicenter you are or how big it is.

There were a few injuries; not too many. I'm about 50 miles from Market Rasen, and it was a rolling motion -I thought I was dreaming at first when I woke up; it's obviously something I've never encountered before. I got woken up , my house shook for about 5 minutes and my girlfriend told me to stop wriggling before she realised the whole room was shaking !! :rolleyes:

British buildings certainly aren't designed to withstand earthquakes, sys, but none fell down - the only damage suffered was a few cracks in the houses near the epicentre and a couple of chimneys fell off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back