Eduard 1/32 - Bf-109E-4 'Weekend Edition'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So, not a whole lot of extremely visible progress to report, but an initial gloss coat has been sprayed on the 109.

Attachments

• 63 - glim 01.JPG
    63 - glim 01.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 64 - glim 02.JPG
    64 - glim 02.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 143
'Tiger stripes' next?

Yup, that's the idea. Got a busy week coming up so prolly won't be until next weekend or so before I get to it. Prolly make a start with preparing some small bits (landing gear etc) for painting druing the week though

Gloss coat, just changes the whole look doesn't it.....

Is that for the better or the worse ;)

Oh well....it's only temporary anyway...most of the differences caused by gloss coating tend to disappear again after a few gloss coats anyway...but it does bring it all together a bit that's for sure

Update time on my 109. Managed to -somewhat- get the stripe pattern on. Must say I found it to quite a difficult task. The protective coats of future I sprayed on earlier certainly proved their worth this time around. My airbrush was playing tricks on my with tip-dry and clogging up...and then suddenly shooting out a huge blast of paint. I must have messed up the pattern 2 or 3 times before I managed to get it on like this. Luckily the future coat made sure I could easily remove the messed up striping without wrecking the underlying basic RLM71/02 over RLM65 pattern, and give it another go. Pattern isn't a 100% copy of the real thing, but it looks good enough to me. I might yet tone it done slightly, but for now I'm glad this task is finally somewhat completed.

Attachments

• 65 - tijgervelletje 01.JPG
    65 - tijgervelletje 01.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 66 - tijgervelletje 02.JPG
    66 - tijgervelletje 02.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 144

Users who are viewing this thread

Back