Extension to GB #44 - Now Ends March 15, 2020

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Over on the finished builds thread, there's been some rumblings about extending the finish date for GB 44 from it's current March 1 date. Heck, it being a leap year, you guys had a whole extra day and you're still not able to finish!!!!

To get the discussion going, I propose a 2 week extension to Sunday March 15. To those who have yet to finish, what say you? Some are close, some seem to have no hope in hell. Need to hear from Donivanp Donivanp , Wayne Little Wayne Little , N4521U N4521U , destrozas destrozas , Airframes Airframes , rochie rochie , Lucky13 Lucky13 , V vandee , T Bolt T Bolt , nsmekanik nsmekanik , and Jeff Hunt Jeff Hunt . Greg's already thrown in the towel on his Skyraider.

If we don't hear from you, the judges will assume you are out if no finished pics are posted by the agreed end date.

Christmas always knocks me around, Annie....... 6 weeks off....... Melbourne trip two weeks of that......
She's always got me doing something'
One week repenting for trouble I cause forgetting the small stuff
Like turning off appliances, fan, TV, lights......
So I get about one 5 Days bench time outta 6 weeks!!

I could use the extension but I won't be doing the banshee. Odds are the other two will be done in a week maybe two.

Will do my best but not looking positive.

Working 6 days a week and also dealing with crap outside of work, nothing serious just my car was damaged by hitting debris on the road during a recent storm.
Had to be recoverd from the roadside and has been in storage since sunday, only getting to repair centre tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that, Red Two. Hope you get the mean machine fixed OK.
Cheers mate.

A farm building was blown down and debris blown over both carriage ways of the A19 south of Northallerton, couldnt avoid running over a large pole across both lanes, some trim dislodged and rear tyre exploded, hopefully trim will push back on and a new tyre needed.
Though i have to pay £450 excess on insurance, so we will see

Good to know the damage is relatively light, but still hard on the wallet though.
Try blaming, and claiming against BBC weather - according to them, there's a possibility of light rain here ……………………. it's been p*ssing down heavily for a week !!

I know those weather office forecasts all too well Terry

1582147851008.png

Sorry to hear of your woes there Karl but no one was hurt. I see we all get to pay the robber barons, er I mean the insurance, er I mean the legal skam artist! AHHH Gee did I say that out loud again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been dealing with a lot of issues at home the last 3 weeks.

My wife broke her right arm at the shoulder. First doc said she needed surgery. Second doc said she probably didn't but wanted a 3D cat scan. She cancelled the surgery with the first doc, had the cat scan and the second doc said she needed surgery but he couldn't do it because he's booked but he partner could do it. We go see him and set up the surgery and by the time she had it done it's been 2 weeks since she broke and during this time every one in the house has had the flu.

Surgery seemed to go Ok but on the way home she had a real bad time breathing so we went right to the emergency room and spend a day and a half there because all the beds were full and I spent the first night sleeping on two chairs. Turns out she had a blood clot go to her lung so we spent 2 more days in the hospital. At least now I had a couch to sleep on. She's home now and the lung is Ok but she's had to sleep in a recliner since the break happened and needs a lot of help, plus I was re-assigned from a job 10 min from home to a job over an hour from home.

So needless to say the work has not advanced at all on the F-15. Good news is its almost done with only the weapons to put on the wings which I hope to get to this weekend so I should make it as long as I can get my work bench cleaned off enough to take the final pictures.

Holy crap Glenn...........
I know first hand what your wife is going thru.
1968, broke my right femur in half, motorcycle.
Inserted a pin, blood clot from leg, thru heart into left lung.
Thought I was dying for sure.........
Hope she is feeling better soon, takes a while to dissolve that clot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back