Extremely detailed Zero schematics (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Shinpachi,

That kind of information is very difficult to locate from where I can search.

Just to make sure I understand you:

100 rounds of belted Type 99-1 ammunition would be 21.2 kg + 2.064 kg = 23.264 kg
100 rounds of belted Type 99-2 ammunition would be 23.2 kg + 2.064 kg = 25.264 kg

Does the 217.0 grams for Ho-5 ammunition include links?

Thanks again.
- Ivan.

You are welcome, Ivan.
I am glad if my information was any useful for your project.

Your understanding about the weights of 100 rounds of belted type 99-1 and 2 is correct.

About the Ho-5 and its ammunition, I find very few data.
According to "Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate" writen by Leszek A. Wieliczko,
weight of projectile of armour-piercing type for the Ho-5 20mm cannon was between 112 grams and 120 grams, while heigh explosive or incendiary type was 79.0 grams.

Which type projectile for the 84.5 grams out of 217.0 grams I quoted last is unknown but I think the 217.0 grams does not include links in my impression.

Last edited:
Hello,

Shinpaschi

Iam tying to convince you iknow something more...

Canopy rail is straight from up looking, sideways going slightli down.

But fuselage crossection dose not show it as it il left behind canopy stringers

There is no 20mm change to be needed as canopy rols straight fo front to end.

Best regards
Ari Wikberg 59yrs
[email protected]

I see your Zero has some GREAT visibility out of the cockpit, Shinpachi, but you probably need some cold-weather gear to go very high. Jeans don't help much at 20,000 feet!

Hot in the summer.

Shinpachi_Yokosuka K5Y.JPG

Just saw this image from Post #104 from Jul 2010 and wanted to thank you, Shinpachi. I've been trying to figure out how the cutout for the fuselage frames & how the stringers were attached for a long time now & this clears that up perfectly. I'm still in the planning stages for modifying a couple of Deagostini Zero's into an A6M2N, A6M3 or an A6M5 and your drawings are great for getting a grasp of the small details of the Zero.

Thanks again for all of your hard work on the Zero.

Mac
1595573060523.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back