Extremely detailed Zero schematics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks proton45:)

Not only Nakajima's but Mitsubishi aircraft engines were also used widely for the Japanese aircrafts during the war.
Model 62, above all, was used for the last model of Zero fighters.

If there was anything to be remarked about the Mitusbishi's, they had a lot of common parts for Kasei, Kinsei and Zuisei engines to realize higher productivity.
I think this was a smart way.

Attachments

• Kinsei_image09a_S.JPG
    Kinsei_image09a_S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 409
It is always fun seeing my "sir name" written...Although I share a last name with the venerable Chikuhei Nakajima, we are of no relation. When I was in grade school, I was frequently asked about my relation to the aircraft manufacture...people always seemed disappointed that I had no relation. I frequently had to explain that my most famous ancestor had a silk dye factory in Ashikaga...:oops:

Keep up the good work!

OK, proton45. I remember that Ashikaga city is located nearby Ohta chity, only 6 miles apart, where Nakajima aircrafts had a big factory for the Zero fighters. Photo attached.

Maybe, your ancestor had any closer relationship with the another Nakajima family for aircrafts in roots.

Attachments

• Photoweekly348.JPG
    Photoweekly348.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
OK, I am ending my research the sir-name 'Nakajima'.

According to the top-20 sir-name rankings by the prefecture in Japan, Nakajima(red circled) is ranked 10th in Gunma prefecture(red underline) where the Nakajima aircrafts was founded.

But, strange to me, I can't find any Nakajimas in the neighboring prefectures Tochigi(blue underline) and Saitama(green) on the list attached. Your Ashikaga belongs to Tochigi prefecture.

I think this means old Nakajimas in that area came from Gunma prefecture during these hundreds years.
The roots would be same.

Attachments

• Sir_name_ranking.JPG
    Sir_name_ranking.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 412

According to the top-20 sir-name rankings by the prefecture in Japan, Nakajima(red circled) is ranked 10th in Gunma prefecture(red underline) where the Nakajima aircrafts was founded.

But, strange to me, I can't find any Nakajimas in the neighboring prefectures Tochigi(blue underline) and Saitama(green) on the list attached. Your Ashikaga belongs to Tochigi prefecture.

I think this means old Nakajimas in that area came from Gunma prefecture during these hundreds years.
The roots would be same.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you...my Grandfather Nakajima was from Hokkaido. My Grandmother (maiden name) Tamura was from Ashikaga. My Grate-grandfather Tamura was a very well respected man in Ashikaga. He built one of the first (synthetic) silk dye factory's in Japan he built a temple in the town. :oops:

Sorry for the inspecific information...

Last edited:

The roots would be same.

I'm interested in the previous post you made about the Nakajima's in Gunma prefecture. Is their a data base I could look at to learn more about my family? I know about my Grate grandfather Tamura, but I would like to learn more about his wife's family (and my Grandfather Nakajima's family in Hokkaido)...is their a data base of weddings or births. Are their any family records or government census available for research? I asked my father about family records and he said that a lot of the family history was lost in a temple fire.
Thanks for any information that could help.:)

p.s. I'm sorry for taking up space here on your topic...if I have anymore questions I will "pm"...:oops:

To research your or my ancestors here, there are two ways -
1. Check Hon-seki (The permanent domicile)
2. Check Ka-ko-cho (The past book)

1. Your father's Hon-seki is kept at the local government office your father was born(e.g. Ashikaga city). There, you can check not only the record about your father himself (birth date, parents names, borthers, sisters) but other genealogical matters he related (grandfathers/mothers, uncles, aunts). Your name might be registered too if he had applied registeration at the embassy when you were born. But all the records there were only registered after the Meiji Revolution (1867), so You cannot know the older records.

2. Ka-ko-cho was the official way to register genealogical matters before the revolution when all Japanese had to be Buddhists. They were/are recorded and kept at the temple of the town your father was born and lived. It was/is a sort of death register. You can know who had lived and died since the temple was constructed. In my family's case, detailed records with exact personal names could be confirmed from around 1700 - mid Edo era.

I don't think they can be checked easily on the internet though I have never tried before.
Please give me time to check more.

Attachments

• honseki.JPG
    honseki.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 485
Hello again Shinpachi,

Did you ever come across cruise / part throttle settings for the Sakae engines? I am just a bit curious as to what the settings were for "max continuous", and best economy were for this engine.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Hello, Ivan.

Sorry but I have no data about the Zero throttle.
What I know is -
A6M5 Cruise Speed: 200 knots (337 km) per hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back