Extremely detailed Zero schematics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow. You win8)
Here is one of my top secrets for CG modlling - a CAD tracing based on the original data A6Ms. Sorry but please let me omit each value at the moment, until I complete my ongoing work at least.

Thank you very much again for the compliments, Micdrow!
You have awesome talent to collect informations.

Great stuff there Shinpachi, but your talent far exceeds mine, I just get lucky once in a while :lol:

Hi Shinpachi, Spits,

Those are some really cool 3D models. Hope you don't mind a minor change in topic:

I am trying to find the individual fuel tank capacities for various models of A6M to generate some flight models. I have been finding lots of contradictory data from various sites and US reports.
At the moment I am working on a A6M2b Model 21, but I also need the following:

A6M2b - 21 - 518 lit in 3 tanks
A6M3 - 32 - 470 lit in 3 tanks
A6M3 - 22 - 570 lit in 5 tanks
A6M5a - 52 - 540 lit in 3 tanks

The distribution of fuel in various tanks determines balance and fuel switching which is why I am lookng for individual tank capacities.

Thanks in advance.
- Ivan.

Last edited:
Hi Shinpachi, Spits,

A6M2b - 21 - 518 lit in 3 tanks
A6M3 - 32 - 470 lit in 3 tanks
A6M3 - 22 - 570 lit in 5 tanks
A6M5a - 52 - 540 lit in 3 tanks

Thanks in advance.
- Ivan.

In Famous Aeroplanes is stated for
A6M2a - 11 - 145+380+330
A6M3 - 32 - 60+410+320
A6M3 - 22 - 60+520+320
A6M5a - 52 - 60+510+320

Hi, VALENGO!

Shade is an excellent 3d graphic software for me but, as you say, the maker has no English site.

I have tried to check their English site.
This was their English site but seems no service any longer.

This site is linked to other Englsih site but I find no product name of the Shade.

I think "Amapi Pro 7.5" will be the same one as the Shade but price $749.99 may be too high to try.

Now, I recommend you to download the demo version(30days trial. Rendering size limited within 480x480pix) of Shade from here to try. Language is selectable between English and Japanese on the screen after installation.

If you may like it, please ask me how to buy it again.

Wishing this information may be of any help.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Shade_download.JPG
    Shade_download.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 571
Here is a sample of modelling and rendering.
I always love this kind of working and talking8)
Thanks.

Attachments

• Oil_Cooler.JPG
    Oil_Cooler.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 583
Hi,Shade looks great.A lot prettier than the programs we use.Thanks Shinpachi,you might have to put up a seperate thread of your work on the zero,component by component.How easy is it to assemble parts.We have dramas getting some parts to constrain properly.
A friend is working on single parts for the Spit,just the brake bias bracket,located behind the rudderbar.
Brakebiasbkt.jpg

Keep up the good work,the designs look great.

Hi, VALENGO and Spits!
I'm happy to talk with CAD workers in the world because I like to see the drawings of high precision.

The global main stream and common knowledge for the 3D CG working is on POLYGON works which cover object surface with the net of mathematical coordinates to show a shape. This style is, as you may know well, represented by such famous softwares as 3dsMax or Lightwave of Autodesk Co. Working on the screen can compare handling a lump of clay to shape it up. It may be easy to handle for the people who don't care a little measurement error. To the contrary, CAD software uses simple geometric lines only with the high precision of ten micron meters, for example.

Our local software Shade is based on CAD concept and stays outside the world trend though it can also handle polygon shapes too.

This is a reality but I don't care if Shade is famous or not because I can enjoy my modelling with it promptly and precisely.

I'll consider launching my CG thread.
Thanks for your good advice, Spits.
Your work is always excellent!

Cheers. Shinpachi.

Nice explaination Shinpachi and again awsome work.ProD is very much a parametric program where the design is worked off CAD sketches on three workplanes,front,base and lateral then extruded,revolved,projected to give shape.Then the sculpting can began,rounding edges,shelling faces etc.There are limitations sometimes and a few different ways to design a part successfully.
I agree Shade is a fantastic program and you use it like a pro.Can,t wait till you get your stuff up.Thinking of doing the same with the spitfire parts.Here is another part,this is the gunsite bulb holder,done by a friend.
lite.jpg

liteassy.jpg

Great work again, Spits!

Would it look like this if it was made of wood?
Sorry to have traced your precious work but good work by others always inspire my mind for creation.
Please understand.

So does your excellent photographic work, Aaron.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Spits_partimage00.JPG
    Spits_partimage00.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 532
Hi, VALENGO and Spits!
I'm happy to talk with CAD workers in the world because I like to see the drawings of high precision.

It may be easy to handle for the people who don't care a little measurement error. To the contrary, CAD software uses simple geometric lines only with the high precision of ten micron meters, for example.

Cheers. Shinpachi.

Well, I´m just an amateur modeler in my free time, but I´m a little bit obsessed with precission drawings (collateral effect from technical formation) and that factor hinters all of my attempts to make a nice and quick 3D model. Perhaps I´d be more comfortable with Shade, cause I spend much time running for the 1/1000 mm. instead enjoy modelling. Well, it will take a time to learn it, thanks again.

OK, Spits. I understand your bulb holder like this.
Its design concept is very unique and excellent. I've never seen it on any Japanese planes.
I appreciate your kind advice and broad mind for such an impolite cg mania like me.
Sorry but many thanks!

Hi, VALENGO!

As you have seen, CG is very enjoyable.
Yes, please try once:)

Hi, Ian R!

Thanks for your message.
I'll write you back soon.

Attachments

• Spits_part01image01.JPG
    Spits_part01image01.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 482
Thanks to you for sharing you talented work Shinpachi,.British aicraft are unique due to the strange way they are engineered.Very high parts count and awkward where an American,german or Japanese are more factory friendly.The bulb holder sits under the MkII GS and the switch is on the instrument panel along with a reohstat to control the amount of ilumination..
Cheers Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back